How many individuals enter the world of writing in the dark – unsure of what happens next – and how to proceed? Do you need an editor to check and perhaps revitalise your work? Do you need a coat of varnish to make your work shine that little bit more? Or do you have a trusted friend who can tear your manuscript to pieces without hurting your inner soul? Have you selected a book cover? Or are you able to design an image yourself with the help of your friends and family? Well, the answers to those questions depend on which route you decide to take in the days ahead, and which method of publication you choose to follow.
Welcome to the wonderful world of writing. All one needs to do now is demystify the route ahead. Let me tell you my story, share my experience, and attempt to signal the various ways forward that you might choose.
Authorship Demystified discusses and suggests ways to help and guide new and emerging authors, unpublished writers, and established authors seeking new grounds, fresh challenges, and a sustainable readership. Indeed, I try to take new writers on a journey to a prolonged authorship by beginning with an author’s first book and ending with a writer’s first screenplay. On route, the suggestion is made that the era of writers looking for a traditional publishing house with which to publish is in a downward spiral of decline.
Authorship Demystified raises the following for examination:-
- The history of reading, writing and publishing from the days of yore to the QWERTY keyboard and beyond
- The Sumerian Questions
- Methods of publication and how to get published
- Literary agents
- ISBN and DRM
- to Free or not to Free
- Copyright Public domain
- The Writing process
- Creating and sustaining an Authorship
- Developing Social Media effectively
- Brand Marketing
- Formatting eBooks and printed books
- Preparing a manuscript for submission
- Establishing a Readership
- eReading devices
- Retail sites
- Market Share
- Beta readers
- Editorial services
- Authors groups
- A look into the Future
- and a stack of other things from the Net Book Agreement as it was in 1994 to the electronic age of 2014 via the arrival of the eReader device.Essentially, there is a discussion on the subtle evolution of self-publishing authors to that of independent publishers.